What to do with the Green Beans You're Harvesting

It seems that even though some garden plants (tomatoes, potatoes, peppers etc) aren't real happy with the weird weather we're having in NJ this year, the beans like it just fine.
I've picked up 3 lbs at the CSG we belong to, harvested some of my own widow box bounty, and have accepted overflow from a friend's garden.

So, now, what to do with all that bounty....
I've posted a couple of asian-inspired recipes over on my food blog.
Click here, and here.

Of course, you can substitute beans in my friend Leana's squash recipe or just make that with the squash that is also becoming abundant about now!

There's also pickled green beans or 3 bean salad...or blanch them and freeze them for use when you need to taste the summer again.

Happy harvesting, happy eating!

No comments: